Music Minus One: Violin
Here is a collection of symphonic excerpts showcasing the solo violinist in ensemble situations. This album provides a necessary introduction to the experience of soloing in an orchestral ensemble and will give you a thrilling environment in which to do it. Great music from the world’s master composers. American virtuoso Geoffrey Applegate performs these works and then you take his place alongside the Stuttgart Symphony Orchestra conducted by Emil Kahn.
Includes a high-quality printed music score and a compact disc containing a complete version with soloist, in split-channel stereo (soloist on the right channel); then a second version in full stereo of the orchestral accompaniment, minus the soloist.
Performed by Geoffrey Applegate, violin
Accompaniment : Stuttgart Symphony Orchestra
* Capriccio Espagnol (Alborada) Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai
* Capriccio Espagnol (Fandango Asturiano) Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai
* Serenade No. 7 in D major, ‘Haffner,’ KV250 (KV248b): Andante Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus
* Suite No. 4 in G major, op. 61, ‘Mozartiana’ Tchaikovsky, Piotr Ilyich
* Symphony No. 4 in D minor, op. 120: II. Romanze (excerpt) Schumann, Robert
* Orpheus in the Underworld: Overture (Allegro vivace) Offenbach, Jacques
* Symphony No. 1 in C minor: II. Andante sostenuto (excerpt) Brahms, Johannes
* Swan Lake: Scene no. 4 (Andante non troppo) Tchaikovsky, Piotr Ilyich
* Danse Macabre, op. 40 Saint-Saëns, Camille